The Uprising: Streets and Highways
Published on February 15, 2021
By Uprise RI
Why costly highway expansion does not solve the traffic problem. How will government replace lost gas tax revenue when we all drive electric vehicles? How much land is wasted by parking spaces? Should we eliminate i-95 through Providence? Transportation planning affects so many aspects of our lives. Listen to our chat with Liza Burkin with the Providence Streets Coalition about the future of transportation in Rhode Island.
More episodes of Can We Fix It...
The Final EpisodeDecember 2, 2022
What’s kickin’ chickens? It’s been a wild ride these last two years but now it’s time to say our goodbyes. In this episode, Jen and I cover the disastrous general election business. We scold volunteers and...
Primary Results: Salty EditionOctober 7, 2022
Welcome back! We’ve been away for so long! It’s time to tell you all our favorite thing: we were right! About a bunch of different races. We were also very wrong about some others. Tune...
The BracketSeptember 2, 2022
This week Moira and Jen make their predictions for the winners of some key RI races. They talk about who should win, who WILL win, and why. Tune in to see if you agree with...
Most Popular Now
- Rethinking Speed Cameras in Rhode Island: Privacy, Profits, and Road Safety Concerns
- Controversial Education Bills Spark Heated Debate in Rhode Island
- Talking policy with Rep-elect Jose Batista
- RIPTA’s R-Line Fare-Free Pilot Boosts Ridership by 40%
- Community choice aggregation: Explaining that letter you got about your electric ...