WE’RE LOOKING FOR 10 PEOPLE TO JOIN THE STEERING COMMITTEE
We’re looking to add 10 more people to the steering committee to fortify our numbers as we gear up for a big election year and replace some folks who will be leaving the steering committee this year.
Read more about the process and timeline here.
Steering committee members:
- Help determine the purpose and direction of Resist Hate Rhode Island (RHRI)
- Meet regularly (currently twice a month) and speak regularly by email, text and phone
- Plan fundraising efforts, put them into action and keep track of finances
- Communicate with the membership via email, Facebook, and blog, and survey the membership
- Communication with other organizations, and promoting those other organizations and their events
- Plan educational meetings, community engagements and political actions with RHRI members
- Run/participate in the Communications, Membership & Events and Administration committees
Can you help us?
Funding for our reporting relies entirely on the generosity of readers like you. Our independence allows us to write stories that hold RI state and local government officials accountable. All of our stories are free and available to everyone. But your support is essential to keeping Steve and Will on the beat, covering the costs of reporting many stories in a single day. If you are able to, please support Uprise RI. Every contribution, big or small is so valuable to us. You provide the motivation and financial support to keep doing what we do. Thank you.
Let us know if you’re interested by February 28!