Better late than never, here’s a rundown of stories covered by UpriseRI and other local, independent news sources!
1c. Wholesale Electricity Price Drop Reduces Demand for Fossil Fuels by Tim Faulkner at ecoRI
Can you help Uprise RI?
Funding for our reporting relies on the generosity of readers like you. Our independence allows us to write stories that hold RI state and local government officials accountable. All of our stories are free and available to everyone. But your support is essential to keeping Steve and Will on the beat, covering the costs of reporting many stories in a single day. If you are able to, please support Uprise RI. Every contribution, big or small is so valuable to us. You provide the motivation and financial support to keep doing what we do. Thank you.
5b. When one and one doesn’t equal two by Andy Boardman
11a. Petition against Communion Denial gathers 11,000 Signatures by Will James
11b. Rhode Island Democrats are no true Democrats at all by Caleb Apple
11c. Trump’s Title VI executive order confuses anti-Jewish bigotry with criticism of Israel by Joel Reinstein
11d. Bloomberg Advertisements on Local Television raise Concerns by Will James
11e. There’s no action like job action like no action we know by Peter Nightingale
13. Will the health care industry willingly relinquish its economic power? by Richard Asinof at ConvergenceRI
The conflict between health care as a commodity and as community-driven Health Equity Zones took center stage at a meeting of stakeholders convened by the Rhode Island Foundation to develop a plan of action for its long-term statewide health plan
14. The Bartholomewtown Podcast
- RI Roundtable: Solar Farm Sites and Community Challenges, with Rep Mike Chippendale, EcoRI’s Tim Faulkner and Burrillville Land Trust’s Paul Roselli
- Thomas Giordano (Executive Director, Partnership for Rhode Island)
- After Iowa and New Hampshire, with Brown University’s Dr. Wendy Schiller
- Assessing Rhode Island’s challenges via design, with SMMA’s Nick Kaulbanis
15. The College Hill Independent Metro
- Sirens, Camera, Action: Policing entertainment in East Providence by Miles Guggenheim
- Molehills Out of Mountains: A close look at Governor Raimondo’s 2021 Budget Proposal by Deb Marini and Ricardo Gomez
16. A Win for Earth! by Sister Mary Pendergast
17. Should Journalism address Solutions? by RINewsToday
18. Picture of the Week:
UpriseRI is entirely supported by donations and advertising. Every little bit helps:
Become a Patron!