Rhode Island State House Monday, May 10, 202110am Advisory Council – RI House Veterans’ Affairs This committee appears to have met out of view of the public. TOPICS: Call to order Pledge of Allegiance Moment of Silence Roll Call, Excused absences Division of Veterans Affairs – Activities and Reports from the Division RI Department of Administration, Jonathan Depault Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting Officers Reports –
Published on May 10, 2021
By Uprise RI
This committee appears to have met out of view of the public.
- Call to order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call, Excused absences
- Division of Veterans Affairs – Activities and Reports from the Division
- RI Department of Administration, Jonathan Depault
- Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
- Officers Reports – President – Vice President – Secretary – Communications
- Committee Reports
- Unfinished Business
- New Business
- Good of the Order
- Motion to adjourn
10am Revenue and Caseload Estimating Conference
Twice yearly, in the spring and the fall, the conference principals (the State Budget Officer, Senate Fiscal Advisor and House Fiscal Advisor) must reach a consensus on what the state general revenues and caseload expenses are estimated to be for the current fiscal year and the budget year. The General Assembly and the State Budget Office use these projections to prepare the budget. The principals include State Budget Officer Jonathan Womer; House Fiscal Advisor Sharon Reynolds Ferland; and Senate Fiscal Advisor Stephen H. Whitney.
SCHEDULED FOR CONSIDERATION
- H6119 by McEntee, Costantino, Caldwell, Cortvriend, Phillips, Carson, Cassar, Giraldo, Casimiro, Slater ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO TOWNS AND CITIES – SMALL BUSINESSES – ZONING ORDINANCES (Imposes one year moratorium on enforcement of municipal ordinance or zoning requirement that penalizes owners of food service establishments/bars for modifications/alternations to their premises in response to an emergency declaration.)
- Discussion on Small Business Challenges
- Lisa Ranglin: Founder and President of the Rhode Island Black Business Association
- Discussion on Plan for Newport Businesses
- Erin Donovan Boyle: Executive Director of the Greater Newport Chamber of Commerce
- Call Meeting to Order.
- Review draft report.
- Discussion regarding Title 59.1, Chapter 52, §§ 59.1-571 – 59.1-581 of the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act.
- Next Meeting Date.
SCHEDULED FOR HEARING AND/OR CONSIDERATION
- S0312 by Archambault, McCaffrey, Euer, Burke ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL PROCEDURE – PROBATION AND PAROLE SUPPORT (Repeals court costs against all defendants who plead nolo contendere, guilty or are found guilty of certain crimes.)
- S0316 by Quezada, Calkin, Goodwin, Kallman ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINALS-CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTIONS – PAROLE (Upon request of a parolee, enables the parole board to terminate a parolee’s supervision and legal custody order in accordance with guidelines it is authorized to promulgate. Prisoners with a life sentence for first and second degree murder are excluded.)
- S0333 by Quezada, Cano, Murray, Valverde, Seveney, F Lombardi, Lawson, Euer, Pearson, Mendes ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINALS-CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTIONS – PAROLE (Grants juveniles sentenced as adults parole eligibility after completing 15 years of sentence with prospective/retroactive. Effective January 1, 1991.)
- S0541 by McCaffrey ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO GENERAL ASSEMBLY – FISCAL NOTES (Establishes special requirements for fiscal impact statements relative to the department of corrections.)
- S0672 by Coyne, Archambault, F Lombardi, McCaffrey ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL PROCEDURE (Creates an action authorizing any person who has been sentenced to imprisonment greater than one year subsequent to being wrongfully convicted of a criminal offense to petition court for an award of compensation and damages, including attorney’s fees.)
- S0671 by Coyne, Burke, DiPalma, Seveney, Archambault, Euer, F Lombardi ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO PUBLIC RECORDS (Prohibits agencies of municipalities and the state from releasing information as to the residency of municipal or state police officers regarding public records requests.)
- S0505 by Burke, Archambault, F Lombardi, Lombardo ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO STATE AFFAIRS AND GOVERNMENT – LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS’ BILL OF RIGHTS (Increases number of committee members in law enforcement officers’ bill of rights hearing to 5 and mandates hearings be commenced within 15 days /mandates officer charged with felony or imprisoned on misdemeanor have pay suspended while case is pending.)
- S0597 by Acosta, Mack, Anderson, Calkin, Kallman, Mendes ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO STATE AFFAIRS AND GOVERNMENT – LAW ENFORCEMENT INTEGRITY ACT (Police body cameras required. Restricts use of force. Mandates various police reporting.)
- S0773 by Mack, Bell, Acosta ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO STATE AFFAIRS AND GOVERNMENT – LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS’ BILL OF RIGHTS (Repeals the law enforcement officers’ bill of right, chapter 42-28.6 of the General Laws, in its entirety.)
- S0865 by Quezada, Cano, Murray, Kallman, Euer, Acosta ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO STATE AFFAIRS AND GOVERNMENT – LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS’ BILL OF RIGHTS (Amends the law enforcement officers’ bill of rights to provide greater accountability in the disciplinary process over law enforcement.)
- S0253 by Bell, Mack, Quezada, Cano, Mendes, Acosta ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO STATE AFFAIRS AND GOVERNMENT – RHODE ISLAND SANCTUARY STATE ACT (Designates schools, places of worship and courts as sensitive locations and would require that a judicial warrant be obtained before federal immigration authorities could be granted access to those premises to enforce immigration laws.)
- How Safe Are Our Municipalities and Schools from Cyber Attacks?
- Identifying the Top Ten Cyber Security Risks
- Mitigating those Risks
- Best Practices for Rhode Island Municipalities and Schools
- Testimony and Discussion from Rhode Island Joint Cyber Task Force Participants:
- Lt. Eric Yelle, RI State Police (Rhode Island Joint Cyber Task Force)
- Scott Gausland (Director of the Office of Data and Technology Services, RI Department of Education)
- Brian Tardiff (Chief Information Security Officer, Rhode Island Division of Information Technology)Dave Marble (President and CEO, Ocean State Higher Education Economic Development Administrative Network-OSHEAN)
- Opening Comments from Chairman DiPalma
- Update on the Unified Health Infrastructure Project (UHIP)
-Courtney Hawkins, Director of RI Department of Human Services
- Public Comment
- Closing Comments from Chairman DiPalma
SCHEDULED FOR CONSIDERATION
- H5415 by Cortvriend, Donovan, Speakman, Carson, McGaw, Fogarty ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO STATE AFFAIRS AND GOVERNMENT – STATE EMBLEMS (This act would designate “Northern Star Coral” as the official state coral.)
SCHEDULED FOR HEARING AND/OR CONSIDERATION
- H6272 by Bennett, Carson, Caldwell, Ackerman, Ruggiero ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO SOLEMNIZATION OF MARRIAGES (Allows Daniel Genannt to join Ashley Genannt and Brendan Foley in marriage on or about November 6, 2021, within the City of Warwick, Rhode Island.)
- H6273 by Shallcross Smith ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO SOLEMNIZATION OF MARRIAGES (Allows Cyril Bedford to join Erin Metivier and Scott Robertson in marriage on or about July 31, 2021, within the Town of Lincoln, Rhode Island.)
- H6303 by Craven ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO SOLEMNIZATION OF MARRIAGES (Allows Elliott Bertrand to join Laura Kolbeck and Benjamin Scott in marriage on or about July 24, 2021, within the City of Newport, Rhode Island.)
- S0839 by Euer ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO SOLEMNIZATION OF MARRIAGES (Allows Chad Cohen to join Bahar Ayasli and Joshua Cohen in marriage on or about July 30, 2021, within the City of Newport, Rhode Island.)
- S0068 by Sosnowski, Algiere, Valverde ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY – HOLLEY LANDING (Renames the landing in South Kingstown known as Wordens Pond Landing to Holley Landing.)
Did you enjoy this article?
More Government Coverage
Uprise RI is sponsored by
Most Popular Now
- Mayor Elorza meets with unhoused encampment leaders
- Given 48 hours to vacate, unhoused encampment in PVD holds press conference
- Providence Police search unhoused encampment – threaten arrests
- The People’s Port Authority leads rally against fossil fuel expansion in PVD
- You must own property to vote in this Rhode Island fire district’s ...