Can We Fix It: Policing in Providence: A Chat with Rep. Jose Batista
Published on August 27, 2021
By Moira Walsh
This week is part two of our three-part “Policing the Providence Police” special. This week, Jen and Moira sit down with former Executive Director of the Providence External Review Authority, current state representative, and second time guest on the show, Jose Batista. We cover everything from the Sayles street body camera footage to what PERA should be doing to hold the police accountable. We come up with tangible budget changes to improve the existing police force and play a little Dictator of PERA. Tune in and find out how we can build a better relationship with our police officers.
Did you enjoy this podcast?
More episodes of Can We Fix It...
Can We Fix It: So Much Sh*t to Talk, So Little TimeSeptember 10, 2021
Can We Fix It: LEOBORSeptember 3, 2021
Can We Fix It: Policing in Providence: A Chat with Rep. Jose BatistaAugust 27, 2021
Most Popular Now
- Providence destroys homeless encampment – and people’s lives
- Sayles St families report ongoing police harassment
- CVS funded anti-abortion Texas legislators – The Womxn Project calls for boycott
- Rhode Island begins the process of redistricting
- Governor McKee’s Overdose Taskforce walks out over budget cuts