Can We Fix It: Invoice for Emotional Labor
Published on November 5, 2021
By Moira Walsh
Guys we’re done. And in true Can We Fix It fashion, we’re blaming the right people: YOU. This is a breakup. And not the kind where we spare your feelings by saying it’s not you, it’s us. It’s not. It’s definitely you. As women, we have done unpaid emotional and physical labor our entire lives. And because we’re women, we’ve been making like 80 cents on the dollar. Well, not today, Satan. We talk a big game about socialism, but today? Today we are capitalists baby, and our emotional invoice is going out to you. This last year has been a wild ride, and if you want that ride to keep on chugging; then it’s like the old adage says, “Gas, grass, or ass. Nobody rides for free.” Ok, scratch that. DO NOT try to offer us a hot date in lieu of what we really want: money. Pony up. Can We Fix It is playing HARDBALL today.
Did you enjoy this podcast?
More episodes of Can We Fix It...
Can We Fix It: Healthy, Wealthy, and LIESDecember 3, 2021
Can We Fix It: Black and (Matt) Brown FridayNovember 26, 2021
Can We Fix It: Queens of ControversyNovember 19, 2021
Most Popular Now
- Photographer Alex Hornstein laments the wildlife lost to National Grid’s oil spillage
- Governor McKee’s tree lighting disrupted by protesters against homelessness
- Law students launch boycott of law firm Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
- Travelers Beware: Flying Southwest Airlines Can Have Severe Consequences
- 46,000 Rhode Islanders lost jobless benefits this fall. Hiring didn’t budge